Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the cooler weather, the rich colors, and of course…the pumpkin patch! I also LOVE fall decorations and there is nothing more beautiful than a fall porch.
Here is my porch before any decorations…pretty intimidating right. I mean…where do you start? What do you buy? How much is too much and how little is too little? Rest assured…these are all legitimate questions. In this post, I will show you how to decorate your porch in 5 easy steps.
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something from clicking one of my links, I will get a commission from the sale. It will not cost you a penny more and allows me to keep sharing my ideas with you for free. You can see my full disclosure here. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Items you will need to decorate your porch for fall:
- A wreath for your front door. I love a wreath filled with burlap, fall ribbon, etc…
- A main focal point to layer on. For example… a bench, a wagon, a couple of trunks or even a couple of hay bales
- Something with height. I chose Corn Stalks this year. In years past, I have used a scarecrow and even an old brass floor lamp.
- A front door mat. You can buy one like this or personalize one like this.
- Pumpkins and Gourds
- Something small to balance out the other side of the front door. I used a couple of my scrap wood lanterns with battery-operated candles.
Steps to put your fall porch all together:
Step 1) Start with your focal point. I am using my DIY Chair Bench that I made last year.
I added my homemade planters to hold my mums. This is completely optional but if you like this look you could add a plant stand.
Step 2) Add your height. In this case its the cornstalks. This is where you could add a scarecrow or my infamous table lamp.
Step 3) Add your mums. I chose yellow to brighten up the space.
Step 4) Add pumpkins and/or gourds. I added a leftover piece of my fireplace beam to elevate one of the pumpkins.
Step 5) Add something small to balance the other side of the door. I used my scrap wood lanterns to round everything out! And there you have it! Five simple steps to making the perfect fall porch!
Each and everyone of you inspire me and I LOVE to see the work that you’ve created. Feel free to share with me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. And as always, be sure to follow Diva Of DIY on Pinterest and sign up for our FREE Newsletter to receive the latest projects delivered straight to your inbox!
If you like this project, check out these: