Are you looking to Sell Your Home this spring? March is the busiest month of the year when it comes to new listings. If you are needing to sell your home this year let’s start preparing. Here’s what you need to know when getting your home ready for sale.
1. Clear the Clutter – if you aren’t using it, box it up. Removing extra furniture will make your rooms appear larger. If you have a ton of extra “stuff”, you may want to consider renting a storage unit. You want the home to seem like it has more than enough room for everything any buyer may have.
2. Remove Personal Stuff – Nobody wants to see your family in their potential home. They want to picture their family in the home and the type of memories they can create.
3. Freshen Up – is your entry way full of shoe marks? Do the baseboards need wiped down? Carpets need cleaned? Are there holes in the walls from your rowdy kiddos? Make your space fresh, like it has been well taken care of.
4. Let There Be Light – Open up the curtains, remove the dingy mini blinds and hang mirrors so that it reflects natural light. This makes your home appear larger and welcoming!
5. Curb Appeal – Believe it or not curb appeal is going to sell your home. The first thing buyers see is the outside. If they don’t fall in love with the outside they won’t even bother taking a peak inside. If the outside of your home looks trashy, cluttered or unkempt, potential buyers will assume the same for the inside. Scrape and touch up peeling paint on your trim. Clean your outdoor light fixtures and replace the burned-out light bulbs. Clean or have your windows cleaned. Mow the grass and plant a few flowers, add a couple of welcoming planters and fresh mulch.
6. Front Door Needs Paint – If you don’t do anything else on the outside of your home, paint the front door. I suggest looking at Modern Masters Front Door paint. Their colors are beautiful, never fade and will cover like a dream.
7. Purge, Purge, Purge – If you haven’t touched it or used it in over a year it needs to go! Consider donating to your local thrift store or host a garage sale over a weekend. You can use the money made from the garage sale to help purchase a few goodies that will sell your home.
8. CLEAN and CLEAN Again – Once you have completed the above steps it is time to clean and clean and clean. Your home can NEVER be t0o clean. The day the photographer comes to take pictures of your home for the MLS listing it needs to stay this clean, if not cleaner! You NEVER know when you are going to get that call for a showing! Your home always needs to be ready.
Here’s a few DIY Projects that you can do to help sell your home:
- Adding Curb Appeal to a Home
- Outdoor Light Makeover
- Update Builder Grade Cabinets
- Make a Pallet Wall
- Underbed Storage
- Consider Updating Your Countertops
- Update Your Bathroom