This DIY orb pumpkin is another great re-purposed home decor project using …embroidery hoops. I know it sounds crazy but I find old embroidery hoops at about 1 out of every 5 garage sales I go to and have no doubt…I snag them up! This past weekend I was looking through my crafting supplies for some fall decor ideas. I ran across some oval hoops I had bought last summer and wondered if they would work for orb pumpkins.
By now you have all seen my post on “How to make decorative orbs out of embroidery hoops” and this pumpkin project shares the same basic concept. I made them out of orange painted round and oval hoops to create a unique pumpkin!
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something from clicking one of my links, I will get a commission from the sale. It will not cost you a penny more and allows me to keep sharing my ideas with you for free. You can see my full disclosure here. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Fall Decor Pumpkin Orb Supplies:
- Rustoleum Fire Orange Spray Paint
- Rustoleum Cinnamon Spray Paint
- Embroidery Hoops – you will need 2 matching sets for each pumpkin
- Baling wire or other heavy gauged wire
- Wire Cutters
- Burlap or Ribbon (I love this green)
- Upholstery tack or thumb tack to hold intersection in place
Fall Decor Pumpkin Orb Instructions:
2) Spray paint them in one of the spray paint colors. Make sure that you get all sides of the hoops because you will see all sides. Let dry.
Do you learn better by watching? Here is a video tutorial showing you how to make these fall decor embroidery hoop pumpkins!
Each and everyone of you inspire me and I LOVE to see the work that you’ve created. Feel free to share with me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. And as always, be sure to follow Diva Of DIY on Pinterest and sign up for our FREE Newsletter to receive the latest projects delivered straight to your inbox!
If you like this project, check out these: