Are you looking for a great gift idea or something to keep the kids busy for an afternoon? This DIY crayon art is a fun project you can do with your kids. It’s easy and inexpensive and can be completed in a couple of hours.
I want to apologize in advance for the pictures, but this project was done a long time ago and I felt like this was worthy of publishing to give you a few ideas.
- Box of at least 96 crayons
- Heat Gun or Hair Dryer*
- Blank Canvas ( I used 16 x 20)
- Glue Gun and extra glue sticks
1) Empty box of crayons and sort by color. This is a great way to occupy little hands!
2) Using a glue gun, glue crayons into your desired shape.
3) Using heat gun, heat crayons until they start melting and dripping down the canvas.
*I used a heat gun because I already owned one! You can use a hair dryer but be patient. It will take twice the time to melt the crayons because the heat is not as direct and powerful.
These little crayon art projects would look super cute in a playroom, hallway, craft/game room or in a child’s bedroom. You can also create one of a Initial and give as a Teacher Gift!
It’s safe to say that little Miss LOVED her new Crayon Art! She said she was going to hang it up in her room!
Each and everyone of you inspire me and I LOVE to see the work that you’ve created. Feel free to share with me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. And as always, be sure to follow Diva Of DIY on Pinterest and sign up for our FREE Newsletter to receive the latest projects delivered straight to your inbox!