Need an easy Halloween craft for kids??? Look no further. These homemade window clings are the perfect Halloween crafts for kids and little ghouls.
Kids love to put on window clings so why not add some pride to their window projects by letting them make the clings! These clings can be done for any holiday or occasion! The keys to this project are to use lots of paint to make the cling thick and wait until they are fully dry!
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something from clicking one of my links, I will get a commission from the sale. It will not cost you a penny more and allows me to keep sharing my ideas with you for free. You can see my full disclosure here. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Halloween Crafts for Kids Window Cling Supplies:
- Tulip Slick Dimensional Fabric Paint
- Reynold’s Freezer Paper (Blue Box)…DO NOT SUBSTITUTE
- Print-outs of images off of computer
The supply list is small but the hours of enjoyment…Priceless!
1) Tape your printout down so that it doesn’t slide underneath the freezer paper
2) Lay your freezer paper (shiny side up) over the computer images
3) Begin by outlining your image with the color of choice
3) Next, fill in with your dominant color. Do no skimp on the paint. The thicker they are, the easier it will be to pull them on and off the freezer paper and windows/mirrors. At this point you could change colors to fill in the windows and door. I left mine white.
Sweet Little Pumpkins
This Halloween craft for kids is addictive. You will still be making these after your children have gone to bed! Here is what I made after they were long gone. lol
You can see from my finished window, I also made spiderwebs, spiders and a Boo 31
The worst part of the project is waiting for them to dry. Remember we want these to be fairly thick. It takes them about 48hrs to fully dry. They will feel dry to the touch much sooner but don’t be tempted to peel them quite yet.
This Halloween craft for kids was soooo much fun. For more seasonal projects click here.
Each and everyone of you inspire me and I LOVE to see the work that you’ve created. Feel free to share with me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. And as always, be sure to follow Diva Of DIY on Pinterest and sign up for our FREE Newsletter to receive the latest projects delivered straight to your inbox!