This post contains affiliate links
I love a good repurposing project and this bar stool makeover project fits the bill. I originally made it for my guest room as a night stand with a lamp and a small alarm clock. I loved it there but I’m always changing things up.
Now it’s home is in my den. I love surrounding it with things I find from my treasure-hunts aka flea markets, garage sales & auctions.
It is super easy to make…let me show you how.
Bar Stool Makeover Supplies
- Old Bar Stool (I picked mine up at a garage sale for $1)
- 1″ x 6″ board for the top shelf of the bar stool
- 1″ x 8″ board for the bottom shelf of the bar stool
- Round Table Top
- Rust-Oleum 249076 Painter’s Touch Multi Purpose Spray Paint, 12-Ounce, Satin Heirloom White
- Minwax 211698 Finish Wood Expresso, 1 quart
- Liquid Nails LN903 10-Ounce Heavy-Duty Liquid Nails Construction Adhesive
- Dripless 10oz Cradle Hex Rod Caulk Gun
- Minwax 33050 Fast-Drying Polyurethane Aerosol, Gloss Finish
Step 1) Lightly sand the bar stool and clean it with Krud Cutter or other degreaser.
Step 2) Spray the bar stool with 2 coats of spray paint. Let dry.
Step 3) Using Minwax, stain the unfinished table top. Since the new table top is larger then the top of the stool I stained both sides. Let dry.
Step 4) Spray 2 coats of Minwax 33050 Fast-Drying Polyurethane Aerosol, Gloss Finish on the top of the table top. Let dry.
Step 5) Spread Liquid Nails LN903 10-Ounce Heavy-Duty Liquid Nails Construction Adhesive on the edge of the rungs where the shelves will be.
Step 6) Lay the 1″ x 6″ board and the 1″ x 8″ board on top of the adhesive of the rungs.
Step 7) Spread Liquid Nail on top of the stool.
Step 6) Place the table top on the top of the stool. Let Dry.
Now, all that is left is to decorate this newly repurposed bar stool.
Each and everyone of you inspire me and I LOVE to see the work that you’ve created. Feel free to share with me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. And as always, be sure to follow Diva Of DIY on Pinterest and sign up for our FREE Newsletter to receive the latest projects delivered straight to your inbox!