What is Rustic Modern lighting design? Well…I’m not really sure what the technical definition would be but I describe it as a mix of clean lines, a comfy feel and maybe…depending on the space, a touch of glam.
I didn’t go to school for interior design but I know what I like. I have never been one who subscribed to everything being matchy-matchy but I do like the main aesthetics (ie… paint colors, flooring, lighting, etc…) to coordinate from room to room. That can be tricky if you don’t have one of the designs styles created by the big design houses.
In a quest to find Rustic Modern chandeliers for my lighting design, I was actually quite shocked to find so many options out there that screamed clean and comfy with a little “Diva”. I found 20 chandeliers that I would personally hang in my house. Unfortunately…I can only choose a couple but I thought I would share my finds with you…just in case you are looking to up your design game.
This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something from clicking one of my links, I will get a commission from the sale. You can see my full disclosure here. Thank you for supporting my blog!
1) I love this light for its oil-rubbed bronze finish paired with the mercury glass shades. I also love the orb design because it takes up a lot of space without obstructing the view.
2) I love this light for its structure. It’s clean lines give it a modern feel yet the oil-rubbed bronze finish and parchment glass give it a comfortable feel.
3) Oh how I love this light. I love the iron detail in the frame combined with the metal mesh shade in a steel color.
4) I love this light for its beautiful shape combined with somewhat understated crystals.
5) At first glance, this light looks more rustic than anything else but I think the modern shades and clean lines give it a modern edge.
6) This chandelier has a 70’s vibe with the macrame beads but I LOVE IT!
7) This one ranks up as one of my favorites. I love the orb style, the mesh screen and the unexpected addition of the crystal chandelier.
8) This one is beautiful too. I love the rich carved wood, the 70’s beads and the modern drum shade.
9) What is not to love about this light? OMG…I love the contemporary sphere frame combined with the rustic candle shades. I also really like the combination of mixed metals. Remember…everything doesn’t have to match.
10) Now this one is boasting a more contemporary feel but…it’s raw steel finish gives it a rustic edge…I love it.
11) I think this light is a perfect mix of rustic and modern. It has a wagon-wheel shape but with clear cylindrical glass shades that boast a modern feel.
12) This is another light that I can’t take my eyes off of. I love the burnished gold finish as much as I like the bronze…especially when it’s paired with a warm gray and pallet wood!
13) I love this chandelier for the combination of styles. With the added spheres and perfectly placed crystals, it turns a somewhat basic hanging fixture and turns it into something spectacular.
14) and this light fixture is just cool…everything about it. I love the color, the lines and the modern fixture peeking through the muted shade.
15) Oh I love this crystal chandelier. I love the casual frame with the sparkle of the bling. I think this chandelier mimics the way I like to dress. I love to mix a lace dress with a jean jacket and then depending on my mood…I may cowboy boot or rhinestone gladiator sandals.
16) This chandelier mixes all of the metals I love: Burnished gold, oil-rubbed bronze and brushed nickel.
17) This chandelier is beautiful. Once again…think casual meets dressy.
18) I had to throw one last beaded chandelier in the mix. I can’t help but love them and this one is a perfect partner for my design style.
19) Ok what is not to love about this one? I adore the orb shape, the warm wood and the airy feel.
20) and then last but definitely not least and I’m not trying to persuade you but…this one has been my favorite from the beginning but now that I have found so many amazing ones I am having second thoughts. You can see how I incorporated this light it into my Rustic Modern Living Room Idea board.
I seriously don’t know how I am going to choose. It’s funny, I can go into other people’s homes and immediately pick the perfect colors, lighting, flooring, etc… but picking things for my own home is almost impossible. LOL
Will you help me? Please help me choose by leaving your top 3 choices (by number) in the comment section below.
Feel free to use some of these ideas in your own home. I have tried to make it easy for you. Simply click on the pictures below to be taken to the corresponding product page.
Each and everyone of you inspire me and I LOVE to see the work that you’ve created. Feel free to share with me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. And as always, be sure to follow Diva Of DIY on Pinterest and sign up for our FREE Newsletter to receive the latest projects delivered straight to your inbox!