Whether you are planning a simple spruce-up or a complete overhaul, deciding what to do about your cabinetry is one of the biggest decisions you will make. Refinishing your existing cabinets is 1/4 the cost of replacing and 1/2 the cost of re-facing.
Rekindled Spaces takes your existing cabinetry and gives it a new look. We offer a state of the art facility with spray equipment and auto body heat lamps to ensure a long lasting commercial-quality finish.
- Remove cabinet doors and drawers
- Remove all hardware
- Label all doors and drawers
- Take all doors offsite to sand and finish
- Clean doors, drawers and frames with TSP
- Sand existing lacquer off of front and backs of doors, drawers and frames
- Wipe down all doors, drawers and frames with tack cloth
- Caulk, if painting
- Apply paint or stain to achieve desired finish (usually 2-3 layers)
- Glaze doors, drawers and frames if desired
- Detail doors, drawers and frames
- Using an HVLP sprayer, apply 2 coats of sealer (if stained or glazed)
- Re-hang doors and install drawers
- Reattach hardware (new or existing)
Warning: This process seems easy right? WRONG! Refinishing cabinets is not for the faint of hearts. We touch each one of your cabinet pieces at least 18 times from start to finish so don’t trust this job to just anyone. Hire the cabinet refinishing experts at Rekindled Spaces.
Bring your outdated furniture pieces into our shop for a face lift. Here is the process:
Call for an appointment and/or to discuss your project
Email pics for online pricing
Select a finish from our showroom samples
Drop off your furniture pieces with your deposit*
Anxiously await your email saying your piece is ready for pick-up (usually within 2 weeks)
*A deposit of ½ is required on all custom furniture
Who does the work?
All work detailed in the bid is performed by fully-insured members of the Rekindled Spaces team.